New Delhi sources reported that Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar on Saturday announced that JEE Mains and NEET the two national level engineering and medical entrance examinations will be held twice a year from 2019 by a newly formed National Testing Agency (NTA). Meanwhile the NTA was approved by the Union Cabinet in November 2017 as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions to bring in major reforms in the examination system.
Javadekar said "The National Testing Agency will conduct them this year and the same student can take the exam both times a year and the best score will be counted”. Meanwhile he said all examinations under the NTA will be online. "Accordingly Computer centres will be set up where students with no access to computers can practice from August-end or September."
As per report JEE Main exams will be held in
January and April while NEET will be held twice in February and May. Javadekar
told reporters the nodal agency responsible for JEE Main and NEET examinations
was the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). He added apart from
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main and National Eligibility cum Entrance
Examination (NEET), NTA would also conduct National Eligibility Test (NET),
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders