Chennai sources reported that the Central government’s decision to conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Neet) twice a year has faced strong opposition from Tamilnadu as the state government and opposition parties opposed the decision saying ‘six-month time period is short and it would ‘create confusion’.
Recently Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the Neet and IIT-JEE would be conducted online and twice a year by the new agency called National Testing Agency (NTA). Moreover Tamilnadu school education minister K.A. Sengottayan said the state government’s stand was Neet should be conducted only once in a year. “The state government is yet to receive the official communication regarding the decision and they will take the issue to the notice of Chief Minister Edappadi K.Palaniswami and also raise it with Prime Minister Narendra Modi”.
Moreover he further said medical aspirants from
rural areas may not have computer knowledge and also wondered how the central
government did not consider it before deciding to conduct medical entrance test
online. Further he said urging the union government to withdraw the decision
and also to get the Presidential nod for two Neet bills passed by Tamilnadu
Assembly exempting the students of the state from the common medical entrance
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India