Chennai sources reported that the Central government’s decision to conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Neet) twice a year has faced strong opposition from Tamilnadu as the state government and opposition parties opposed the decision saying ‘six-month time period is short and it would ‘create confusion’.
Recently Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the Neet and IIT-JEE would be conducted online and twice a year by the new agency called National Testing Agency (NTA). Moreover Tamilnadu school education minister K.A. Sengottayan said the state government’s stand was Neet should be conducted only once in a year. “The state government is yet to receive the official communication regarding the decision and they will take the issue to the notice of Chief Minister Edappadi K.Palaniswami and also raise it with Prime Minister Narendra Modi”.
Moreover he further said medical aspirants from
rural areas may not have computer knowledge and also wondered how the central
government did not consider it before deciding to conduct medical entrance test
online. Further he said urging the union government to withdraw the decision
and also to get the Presidential nod for two Neet bills passed by Tamilnadu
Assembly exempting the students of the state from the common medical entrance
More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19 According to sources a low pressure area that has formed over the Bay of Bengal will bring in much needed rain to Chennai, but will then move on to northern coastal and interior districts that are still recovering from the heavy cyclonic winds that caused loss of life and property this week. Meanwhile as per report from IMD, the low pressure area is likely to strengthen over the next 24 hours and will move north to make landfall on the Tamilnadu coast.
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment