As per report unable to get further allocations from the Finance Ministry under the Nirbhaya Fund, Indian Railways is exploring the loan route to raise Rs 2,500 crore to install CCTVs at all stations and coaches to ensure state of the art surveillance systems in the entire rail network across the country. Accordingly the loan is to be raised through Indian Railways Finance Corporation (IRFC), the finance arm of the national transporter.
Meanwhile there is a total requirement of Rs 3,000 crore for the CCTV project, out of which Rs 500 crore has already been allocated by the Finance Ministry under the Nirbhaya Fund. A senior Railway Ministry official told "While 436 stations are being equipped with CCTVs, 547 more stations would be covered under the Nirbhaya Fund this year”. Moreover after giving top priority to safety and security at rail premises, the Budget for 2018-19 had approved CCTV systems in 58,276 coaches and 5,121 stations in the Indian rail network.
Furthermore the Railways could not get the Finance Ministry's nod for
further allocation under Nirbhaya Fund and was told to raise resources on its
own and so it has been decided to raise Rs 2,500 crore through IRFC, with
Railtel repaying the loan. Railtel, the telecom wing of the Railways, is
responsible for executing the CCTV projects.
Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that Social activist Trupti Desai said Wednesday she would visit the Sabarimala temple, which saw frenzied protests from devotees against the Supreme Court's decision to allow women of all ages to offer prayers, with six other women in the 10-50 age group on Saturday.
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday