As per report unable to get further allocations from the Finance Ministry under the Nirbhaya Fund, Indian Railways is exploring the loan route to raise Rs 2,500 crore to install CCTVs at all stations and coaches to ensure state of the art surveillance systems in the entire rail network across the country. Accordingly the loan is to be raised through Indian Railways Finance Corporation (IRFC), the finance arm of the national transporter.
Meanwhile there is a total requirement of Rs 3,000 crore for the CCTV project, out of which Rs 500 crore has already been allocated by the Finance Ministry under the Nirbhaya Fund. A senior Railway Ministry official told "While 436 stations are being equipped with CCTVs, 547 more stations would be covered under the Nirbhaya Fund this year”. Moreover after giving top priority to safety and security at rail premises, the Budget for 2018-19 had approved CCTV systems in 58,276 coaches and 5,121 stations in the Indian rail network.
Furthermore the Railways could not get the Finance Ministry's nod for
further allocation under Nirbhaya Fund and was told to raise resources on its
own and so it has been decided to raise Rs 2,500 crore through IRFC, with
Railtel repaying the loan. Railtel, the telecom wing of the Railways, is
responsible for executing the CCTV projects.
Over 120 crores seized in IT raids! IT Raids have been happening in Aruppukottai in the residence of highway road contractor. The raids are being conducted in the Chennai office of contractor Seyyadurai as well. This raid operation has been named as Operation Parking, and it has been identified that money has been hidden in cars parked in different locations of Chennai. Seyyadurai who is a highway contractor belongs to Aruppukottai of Virudhunagar district.
- Second last full-fledged Monsoon PARLIAMENT session begins today
- Why Google inquires about Hima Das Caste after her winning?
- Rumors about Sterlite on social media, Vedanta asked its employees to report for duty
- How did Khushbu react to allegations by Sri Reddy against her hubby?
- Amazon's 36 hour event projected to break records again this year
- This Photo of Prince Louis and Mother Kate is going 'VIRAL'
- 11-Year-Old Girl was Sexually Harassed by 15 men for 7 months in various places
- Parliament Session begins Tomorrow - Controversial Bills to be Passed?
- Pawan Failed to STOP: Renu Desai REVEALS !!
- Why Croatia Coach reacted badly after France won FIFA 2018?
- TN CM conveyed to Centre to admit students to AYUSH courses based on NEET
- Apple definitely worried in market that sells 3.2 million handsets in a year
- How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning