The new President of the Association of Malayalam Movie Actors, AMMA, Mohanlal had made his first press meet yesterday at Kochi. The press meet has come at the wake of a controversy surrounding AMMA decision to reinstate the tainted actor Dileep who was involved in the actress sexual abuse incident which created a huge shocker last February.
During his interaction with the press, Mohanlal revealed that the AMMA executive council meeting will be held sooner, and a discussion will be made with Women in Cinema Collective WCC, besides also revealing that there was no problem at all as Dileep himself has opted against joining back AMMA. He said that AMMA needs to be changed and the bye law of 25 years has to be reframed. He also said that a meeting will be held with WCC, and the whole issue of Dileep coming back was firstly arising as the decision was not opposed by anyone then.
Mohanlal also assured that his support is with the survivor of the assault, and now since Dileep himself is not coming back, there's no point in discussing that. However, Mohanlal had defended the skit during AMMA Mazhavillu which took a dig at WCC, saying it was dark humor and was done by women artists only. Mohanlal said that actors like Parvathy can still contest the executive council elections, and also intimated that if Dileep was acquitted, AMMA will reinstate him.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018