The new President of the Association of Malayalam Movie Actors, AMMA, Mohanlal had made his first press meet yesterday at Kochi. The press meet has come at the wake of a controversy surrounding AMMA decision to reinstate the tainted actor Dileep who was involved in the actress sexual abuse incident which created a huge shocker last February.
During his interaction with the press, Mohanlal revealed that the AMMA executive council meeting will be held sooner, and a discussion will be made with Women in Cinema Collective WCC, besides also revealing that there was no problem at all as Dileep himself has opted against joining back AMMA. He said that AMMA needs to be changed and the bye law of 25 years has to be reframed. He also said that a meeting will be held with WCC, and the whole issue of Dileep coming back was firstly arising as the decision was not opposed by anyone then.
Mohanlal also assured that his support is with the survivor of the assault, and now since Dileep himself is not coming back, there's no point in discussing that. However, Mohanlal had defended the skit during AMMA Mazhavillu which took a dig at WCC, saying it was dark humor and was done by women artists only. Mohanlal said that actors like Parvathy can still contest the executive council elections, and also intimated that if Dileep was acquitted, AMMA will reinstate him.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders