New Delhi sources added that the Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea challenging the Agra authority's order debarring non-residents of the city from offering Friday prayers at a mosque in the Taj Mahal complex. Meanwhile a bench of Justices AK Sikri and Ashok Bhushan said that the Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and people can offer their prayers at other mosques also.
Accordingly the petition has challenged the January 24, 2018 order passed by the ADM (City) Agra which said that those who are not residents of Agra would not be allowed to enter the mosque situated at the Taj Mahal for offering customary prayers on Fridays on grounds of security.
Meanwhile the petitioner Syed Ibrahim Hussain
Zaidi, president of Taj Mahal Masjid Management Committee, Agra, told the bench
that several tourists visit Agra throughout the year and the order of ADM
(Additional District Magistrate) (City), Agra restraining them from offering
their prayers at the mosque inside the Taj Mahal was illegal and arbitrary. The
bench asked "Why for such prayers they should go to the Taj Mahal," adding
and there are other mosques also, where they can offer their prayers.
WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation As per report it is needless to tell that 'Whatsapp' is one unbeaten social media application that is leading the sector, besides Facebook and Twitter. Meanwhile the Facebook owned company is now rolling out a new feature that can help its users to take back an accidental or wrong message sent to someone.
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub
- TTD plans keeping Tirumala temple open for devotees, TTD Board meeting on July 24
- Will O. Pannerselvam be held for having unaccounted assets?
- Stormy Monsoon Session moves in full swing
- 2,50,000 Private School Teachers on strike in Telangana today
- Why Arun Jaitley feels PM Narendra Modi as a good Leader?
- Crotia President wins hearts!
- TDP decides to go against BJP in Today's Monsoon Parliament Session
- CBSE appeal over NEET grace marks!
- Over 120 crores seized in IT raids!
- Second last full-fledged Monsoon PARLIAMENT session begins today
- Why Google inquires about Hima Das Caste after her winning?
- Rumors about Sterlite on social media, Vedanta asked its employees to report for duty
- How did Khushbu react to allegations by Sri Reddy against her hubby?