New Delhi sources added that the Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea challenging the Agra authority's order debarring non-residents of the city from offering Friday prayers at a mosque in the Taj Mahal complex. Meanwhile a bench of Justices AK Sikri and Ashok Bhushan said that the Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and people can offer their prayers at other mosques also.
Accordingly the petition has challenged the January 24, 2018 order passed by the ADM (City) Agra which said that those who are not residents of Agra would not be allowed to enter the mosque situated at the Taj Mahal for offering customary prayers on Fridays on grounds of security.
Meanwhile the petitioner Syed Ibrahim Hussain
Zaidi, president of Taj Mahal Masjid Management Committee, Agra, told the bench
that several tourists visit Agra throughout the year and the order of ADM
(Additional District Magistrate) (City), Agra restraining them from offering
their prayers at the mosque inside the Taj Mahal was illegal and arbitrary. The
bench asked "Why for such prayers they should go to the Taj Mahal," adding
and there are other mosques also, where they can offer their prayers.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy