Noida sources added that the world's biggest mobile factory was launched in Noida near Delhi on Monday by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae. Accordingly the unit will have a capacity of fabricating 120 million phones a year ranging from low end smart phones that cost under $100 to the company's flagship S9 model. Meanwhile it will build 10 million phones a month, 70% of which will be earmarked for domestic usage.
PM Modi said “Already 40 crore Indians own smart phones, 32 crore people use broadband and the 30% phones for export will help place the country in the Global market”. "Moreover this step today would lend pace to make in India, apart from empowering citizens and this is matter of pride for Uttar Pradesh and India”.
Previously the government imposed taxes on import
of key smart phone components as part of a plan to make India an electronics manufacturing
hub to boost growth and create tens of millions of new jobs. PM pointed out
that "Samsung has provided employment to approximately 70,000 people, the
new plant will provide employment to 1000 more".
Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case Pakistan sources stated that Pakistani actress cum model and singer Meesha Shafi has accused fellow Pakistani artiste Ali Zafar of sexual harassment. Meesha said "She has been subjected to sexual harassment of a physical nature at the hands of a colleague from her industry: Ali Zafar. These incidences did not happen when she was young or just entering the industry".
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants
- Irrfan Khan in London under treatment for rare Cancer
- Rajinikanth in favor of simultaneous elections
- PM Narendra Modi accused Congress for standing only with Muslim men
- Salem 8 Lane Highways expected budget is 10,000 Crore
- TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad?
- Do you know what the last English word is!
- Abdul Kalam to be part of English textbook lessons!
- Passport in both Hindi and English!
- TN teacher's praiseworthy act!
- KTRs new facility offers free services to patients