Noida sources added that the world's biggest mobile factory was launched in Noida near Delhi on Monday by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae. Accordingly the unit will have a capacity of fabricating 120 million phones a year ranging from low end smart phones that cost under $100 to the company's flagship S9 model. Meanwhile it will build 10 million phones a month, 70% of which will be earmarked for domestic usage.
PM Modi said “Already 40 crore Indians own smart phones, 32 crore people use broadband and the 30% phones for export will help place the country in the Global market”. "Moreover this step today would lend pace to make in India, apart from empowering citizens and this is matter of pride for Uttar Pradesh and India”.
Previously the government imposed taxes on import
of key smart phone components as part of a plan to make India an electronics manufacturing
hub to boost growth and create tens of millions of new jobs. PM pointed out
that "Samsung has provided employment to approximately 70,000 people, the
new plant will provide employment to 1000 more".
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?