According to sources when top government officials salute the national flag anywhere in the world, women in a village at the other end of the country from New Delhi swell with pride. Meanwhile this is because Tulasigeri is home to India's only official flag-making company and because the local men have proved themselves not up to the job. Accordingly Annapurna Koti, a supervisor at the Karnataka Cotton Village Enterprise (KKGSS) said "The men were not as patient as the women and got the measurements wrong”.
Annapurna Koti said "They had to unstitch the cloth and re-do the time consuming process and they left after the fourth day and never returned." Moreover around 400 people work for the state owned company in the southern state of Karnataka, 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) from the capital, most of them women. Meanwhile the female employees perform all the intricate parts of the process such as spinning the cotton and weaving the thread into cloth on foot-powered looms. Moreover last year, they produced around 60,000 tricolors.
Nirmala S Ilakal, who has worked in the printing department for 15 years,
told “The guidelines in the national flag code of India and from the Bureau of
Indian Standards are strict, covering everything from the exact shades to the
stitching size and usually the piece is rejected if there is even the slightest
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy