According to sources when top government officials salute the national flag anywhere in the world, women in a village at the other end of the country from New Delhi swell with pride. Meanwhile this is because Tulasigeri is home to India's only official flag-making company and because the local men have proved themselves not up to the job. Accordingly Annapurna Koti, a supervisor at the Karnataka Cotton Village Enterprise (KKGSS) said "The men were not as patient as the women and got the measurements wrong”.
Annapurna Koti said "They had to unstitch the cloth and re-do the time consuming process and they left after the fourth day and never returned." Moreover around 400 people work for the state owned company in the southern state of Karnataka, 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) from the capital, most of them women. Meanwhile the female employees perform all the intricate parts of the process such as spinning the cotton and weaving the thread into cloth on foot-powered looms. Moreover last year, they produced around 60,000 tricolors.
Nirmala S Ilakal, who has worked in the printing department for 15 years,
told “The guidelines in the national flag code of India and from the Bureau of
Indian Standards are strict, covering everything from the exact shades to the
stitching size and usually the piece is rejected if there is even the slightest
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue