According to sources when top government officials salute the national flag anywhere in the world, women in a village at the other end of the country from New Delhi swell with pride. Meanwhile this is because Tulasigeri is home to India's only official flag-making company and because the local men have proved themselves not up to the job. Accordingly Annapurna Koti, a supervisor at the Karnataka Cotton Village Enterprise (KKGSS) said "The men were not as patient as the women and got the measurements wrong”.
Annapurna Koti said "They had to unstitch the cloth and re-do the time consuming process and they left after the fourth day and never returned." Moreover around 400 people work for the state owned company in the southern state of Karnataka, 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) from the capital, most of them women. Meanwhile the female employees perform all the intricate parts of the process such as spinning the cotton and weaving the thread into cloth on foot-powered looms. Moreover last year, they produced around 60,000 tricolors.
Nirmala S Ilakal, who has worked in the printing department for 15 years,
told “The guidelines in the national flag code of India and from the Bureau of
Indian Standards are strict, covering everything from the exact shades to the
stitching size and usually the piece is rejected if there is even the slightest
WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation As per report it is needless to tell that 'Whatsapp' is one unbeaten social media application that is leading the sector, besides Facebook and Twitter. Meanwhile the Facebook owned company is now rolling out a new feature that can help its users to take back an accidental or wrong message sent to someone.
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub
- TTD plans keeping Tirumala temple open for devotees, TTD Board meeting on July 24
- Will O. Pannerselvam be held for having unaccounted assets?
- Stormy Monsoon Session moves in full swing
- 2,50,000 Private School Teachers on strike in Telangana today
- Why Arun Jaitley feels PM Narendra Modi as a good Leader?
- Crotia President wins hearts!
- TDP decides to go against BJP in Today's Monsoon Parliament Session
- CBSE appeal over NEET grace marks!
- Over 120 crores seized in IT raids!
- Second last full-fledged Monsoon PARLIAMENT session begins today
- Why Google inquires about Hima Das Caste after her winning?
- Rumors about Sterlite on social media, Vedanta asked its employees to report for duty
- How did Khushbu react to allegations by Sri Reddy against her hubby?