The most powerful Lokayukta bill 2018 was passed in the Tamilnadu assembly amidst much opposition, and protests from parties like DMK and Congress who doubted the strength of the law. However, the Lokayukta in general is a law, which enables even the right to question / investigate the Chief Minister of a state.
On the last date of the current session of assembly, the Lokayukta bill against corruption was passed. The Supreme Court had given a deadline for the passing of Lokayukta bill, and almost all the states have passed the bill, while TN has did the same with just a day left for the deadline to end. Last week when questioned by DMK leaders, Deputy CM O Pannneerselvam had answered that the Lokayukta bill will be passed in the current session itself. The Lokayukta bill was presented by minister Jayakumar, followed by a discussion and debate on the law, the sections it has and how effectively it can be implemented.
While 17 states had already passed
the bill, TN joins them as the 18th state. Even the chief minister is under the
jurisdiction of the law, and hence he can be brought for an inquiry using the
Lokayukta law as well, besides other minister and bureaucrats, besides the
release of the list of people inquired in public.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?