The most powerful Lokayukta bill 2018 was passed in the Tamilnadu assembly amidst much opposition, and protests from parties like DMK and Congress who doubted the strength of the law. However, the Lokayukta in general is a law, which enables even the right to question / investigate the Chief Minister of a state.
On the last date of the current session of assembly, the Lokayukta bill against corruption was passed. The Supreme Court had given a deadline for the passing of Lokayukta bill, and almost all the states have passed the bill, while TN has did the same with just a day left for the deadline to end. Last week when questioned by DMK leaders, Deputy CM O Pannneerselvam had answered that the Lokayukta bill will be passed in the current session itself. The Lokayukta bill was presented by minister Jayakumar, followed by a discussion and debate on the law, the sections it has and how effectively it can be implemented.
While 17 states had already passed
the bill, TN joins them as the 18th state. Even the chief minister is under the
jurisdiction of the law, and hence he can be brought for an inquiry using the
Lokayukta law as well, besides other minister and bureaucrats, besides the
release of the list of people inquired in public.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other