In a first in Indian judicial history, the Supreme Court has accepted for the live telecast of Supreme Court proceedings of cases. A senior advocate Indra Jaisingh had filed a case in the Supreme court, with the support of Right to Information Act, demanding that cases pertaining to the constitution and political issues of the nation besides high profile cases which are of national importance, when coming to a hearing in supreme court must be telecast live so that the people can be aware of the court proceedings.
This case had come to hearing to a bench headed by Chief justice Deepak Mishra. During the hearing, the petition of Indra Jaisingh was acknowledged by the court. Chief justice Deepak Mishra had later said that to make sure that the petitioner gets to know how the case is proceeding and how their advocate is fighting the case, a live telecast of the court proceedings will be helpful.
The Supreme Court has also requested the recommendation of the Bar Council for the implementation of the live telecast facility. Attorney general Venugopal has been requested by the judges to frame the guidelines for the same, on 23 July. Earlier, Indra Jaisingh had also requested that if not for the live telecast, they must be at least video graphed for future references. While cell phones and cameras are not allowed, it must be noted that the government had earlier announced the idea of a separate channel for court proceedings just like a TV Channel for Loksabha and Rajyasabha.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue