In a first in Indian judicial history, the Supreme Court has accepted for the live telecast of Supreme Court proceedings of cases. A senior advocate Indra Jaisingh had filed a case in the Supreme court, with the support of Right to Information Act, demanding that cases pertaining to the constitution and political issues of the nation besides high profile cases which are of national importance, when coming to a hearing in supreme court must be telecast live so that the people can be aware of the court proceedings.
This case had come to hearing to a bench headed by Chief justice Deepak Mishra. During the hearing, the petition of Indra Jaisingh was acknowledged by the court. Chief justice Deepak Mishra had later said that to make sure that the petitioner gets to know how the case is proceeding and how their advocate is fighting the case, a live telecast of the court proceedings will be helpful.
The Supreme Court has also requested the recommendation of the Bar Council for the implementation of the live telecast facility. Attorney general Venugopal has been requested by the judges to frame the guidelines for the same, on 23 July. Earlier, Indra Jaisingh had also requested that if not for the live telecast, they must be at least video graphed for future references. While cell phones and cameras are not allowed, it must be noted that the government had earlier announced the idea of a separate channel for court proceedings just like a TV Channel for Loksabha and Rajyasabha.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy