In a first in Indian judicial history, the Supreme Court has accepted for the live telecast of Supreme Court proceedings of cases. A senior advocate Indra Jaisingh had filed a case in the Supreme court, with the support of Right to Information Act, demanding that cases pertaining to the constitution and political issues of the nation besides high profile cases which are of national importance, when coming to a hearing in supreme court must be telecast live so that the people can be aware of the court proceedings.
This case had come to hearing to a bench headed by Chief justice Deepak Mishra. During the hearing, the petition of Indra Jaisingh was acknowledged by the court. Chief justice Deepak Mishra had later said that to make sure that the petitioner gets to know how the case is proceeding and how their advocate is fighting the case, a live telecast of the court proceedings will be helpful.
The Supreme Court has also requested the recommendation of the Bar Council for the implementation of the live telecast facility. Attorney general Venugopal has been requested by the judges to frame the guidelines for the same, on 23 July. Earlier, Indra Jaisingh had also requested that if not for the live telecast, they must be at least video graphed for future references. While cell phones and cameras are not allowed, it must be noted that the government had earlier announced the idea of a separate channel for court proceedings just like a TV Channel for Loksabha and Rajyasabha.
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington