Sources from Tirunelveli stated that as over two months have passed since Sterlite’s copper smelter plant was closed in April, that many of the villagers living around the plant have started feeling the brunt of their yearlong protest that resulted in joblessness. Meanwhile the coastal community in Thoothukudi that never depend on any industry for their livelihood as the sea remains their major source of living, is strong in its stand against the private copper smelter plant.
Moreover when responding to the demands of the villagers around Sterlite, Thoothukudi district collector, Sandeep Nanduri said that the district administration has launched a new website, where the erstwhile employees of the copper smelter plant could register to get a job opportunity at the earliest. Accordingly the district collector explained that as per the recommendation of the high power committee the district administration has so far evacuated 1500 metric tonnes of sulphuric acid, 100 tonnes of phosphoric acid and around 600 loads of gypsum from the factory site.
Mr. Sandeep Nanduri added “Steps have also been taken to maintain
the green cover within the factory either by supplying water through TWAD board
or the Thoothukudi city corporation as per the recommendation of the high power
TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff Sources from Chennai added that Madras high court has directed the vice-chancellor of the Tamilnadu Dr Ambedkar law university to submit a report on actions initiated to remove unqualified teaching staff and other staff. Meanwhile Justice S.M. Subramaniam gave the directive while
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?