According to Nobel laureate and noted economist Amartya Sen, India spends just a little over 1% of its GDP on healthcare and this is leading the country into "a comprehensive healthcare crisis", to who has called for greater allocation on healthcare in India and highlighted what he calls "three general failures" in the country's healthcare segment.
Sen said "The fact that India allocates only a little over 1% of its gross domestic product on public healthcare contrasts sharply, for example, with nearly three times as much by China and they reaps as they sow, and cannot expect to get what other countries achieve by allocating much more resources as a proportion of their respective levels of the gross national product to healthcare". Moreover Sen has extensively written on welfare economics and social justice and in the given book, he also highlights the plight of patients suffering at the hands of "private caregivers".
Furthermore he says private clinics "will not budge" without
"the promise of payment". Meanwhile when noting that even though some
public services are offered freely, and Sen highlights that many critically
important services are denied unless the patient can cough up demanded sums,
which can be "un-affordable" for many underprivileged Indians.
TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff Sources from Chennai added that Madras high court has directed the vice-chancellor of the Tamilnadu Dr Ambedkar law university to submit a report on actions initiated to remove unqualified teaching staff and other staff. Meanwhile Justice S.M. Subramaniam gave the directive while
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?