According to Nobel laureate and noted economist Amartya Sen, India spends just a little over 1% of its GDP on healthcare and this is leading the country into "a comprehensive healthcare crisis", to who has called for greater allocation on healthcare in India and highlighted what he calls "three general failures" in the country's healthcare segment.
Sen said "The fact that India allocates only a little over 1% of its gross domestic product on public healthcare contrasts sharply, for example, with nearly three times as much by China and they reaps as they sow, and cannot expect to get what other countries achieve by allocating much more resources as a proportion of their respective levels of the gross national product to healthcare". Moreover Sen has extensively written on welfare economics and social justice and in the given book, he also highlights the plight of patients suffering at the hands of "private caregivers".
Furthermore he says private clinics "will not budge" without
"the promise of payment". Meanwhile when noting that even though some
public services are offered freely, and Sen highlights that many critically
important services are denied unless the patient can cough up demanded sums,
which can be "un-affordable" for many underprivileged Indians.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers