Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday reached out to farmers with an address to a "thanksgiving" rally in Punjab, once known for its "Green Revolution". Meanwhile at the rally attended by thousands, he said he salutes the "hard working farmers from all over the country". Modi said "The farmer should have been the first to be uplifted. But for decades, you were ignored by the party that ruled India since Independence," taking a dig at the Congress, which wrenched the state from its ruling Akali BJP combine in last year's assembly elections.
Moreover the "thanksgiving rally" in Muktsar 280 km from state capital Chandigarh was organized by the BJP and ally Akali Dal to mark the recent hike in minimum support price for 14 summer crops. As per report the hike was the biggest during the four years of NDA rule, which will cost the government nearly Rs. 15,000 crore in public funds.
Furthermore PM Modi added "Our farmer brothers
can now breathe easy and they can earn better, they can sleep peacefully
because of the MSP increase and no one in the Congress is daring to come out
and speak, because they know that did nothing for 60 years". Further the
hike in support prices one of the pre-election promises of the BJP comes on the
heels of massive farmer protests across the country.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy