Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday reached out to farmers with an address to a "thanksgiving" rally in Punjab, once known for its "Green Revolution". Meanwhile at the rally attended by thousands, he said he salutes the "hard working farmers from all over the country". Modi said "The farmer should have been the first to be uplifted. But for decades, you were ignored by the party that ruled India since Independence," taking a dig at the Congress, which wrenched the state from its ruling Akali BJP combine in last year's assembly elections.
Moreover the "thanksgiving rally" in Muktsar 280 km from state capital Chandigarh was organized by the BJP and ally Akali Dal to mark the recent hike in minimum support price for 14 summer crops. As per report the hike was the biggest during the four years of NDA rule, which will cost the government nearly Rs. 15,000 crore in public funds.
Furthermore PM Modi added "Our farmer brothers
can now breathe easy and they can earn better, they can sleep peacefully
because of the MSP increase and no one in the Congress is daring to come out
and speak, because they know that did nothing for 60 years". Further the
hike in support prices one of the pre-election promises of the BJP comes on the
heels of massive farmer protests across the country.
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules