In a first of its kind step, WhatsApp had published advertisements on Indian newspapers on July 6, in an attempt to avoid spreading of fake news, which in recent times has even lead to bad consequences like killings and mob lynching. India is the biggest market for WhatsApp, with more than 200 million users, and posts the spread of several fake and misleading messages via WhatsApp, the messaging platform owned by Facebook; there were deaths in the country, Hence the company decided to immediately get into the act before the reputation of the firm gets damaged, with such a media post.
The ad read, Together we can fight false information" and the series of posts will soon be there on regional language newspapers as well. The ad insists users to check any information before spreading it by forwarding, and as said by WhatsApp, the company has started an education campaign in India, to detect fake news and rumors.
After beginning with ads in English and Hindi papers, ads will be posted in dailies circulated in states like Maharashtra, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh soon. WhatsApp is also modifying its app to make sure user is able to detect fake messages or news, by a feature that shows if it’s just a forward message or a created one.
Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer Mumbai sources reported that a heartfelt post, Bollywood star Sonali Bendre has revealed that amidst cancer treatment, she is "switching on the sunshine" with the help of her son's "madness". Meanwhile the actor, who is currently undergoing treatment in New York for the fatal disease, took to Instagram to pen down a heartfelt message for her 12 year old son Ranveer.
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders
- "We had an incredible year, $100 billion in revenue: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Linking political party with raids is wrong
- Is South Indian Leaders against PM Narendra Modi's Govt?
- Rahul Gandhi winks after hugging PM Modi during No-Confidence Motion Debate
- Google searches for word IDIOT related to Leaders
- #RahulHugsModi - Social Media Reacts for Rahul Gandhi's 'Wink' and 'Tight Hug' after aggressive speech
- Controversial Leader Subramaniya Swamy's next target is CM KCR
- Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief