The Supreme Court has ordered Latha Rajinikanth, the wife of Superstar Rajinikanth to face trial in a fraud case of nonpayment of dues to an advertisement company. The court has ordered the proceeding of the probe, while stating that Latha will face the trial after filing of Charge sheet. Last week, Latha was called by the Supreme court for not abiding by the undertaking given to the court to pay 6.20 crores due to the company Ad Bureau, which had financed 10 crores for the animation movie Kochadaiyaan directed by Superstar's daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth.
Earlier in February, the advocate of Latha Rajinikanth had promised the court of payment within 3 months, failing which she will be personally pulled to pay the dues. However, her team of Ilam Bharathi Subbaiah and Balaji srinivasan has so far given only Rs 10 lakhs cheques. After a petition was filed by Ad bureau, the judgment that dismissed the criminal proceedings was withdrawn.
This issue has been existing since 4
years, and when Ad Bureau was given distribution rights for TN, with 12%
guaranteed profit. As per report by Ad Bureau, of the 14.90 crores due,
8.70 crores have been received, and Latha is yet to pay the remaining 6.20
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?