According to sources and according to updated World Bank figures for 2017, India has become the world's sixth biggest economy, pushing France into seventh place. Meanwhile India's gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to $2.597 trillion at the end of last year, against $2.582 trillion for France. Accordingly India's economy rebounded strongly from July 2017, after several quarters of slowdown blamed on economic policies pursued by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government. India, with around 1.34 billion inhabitants, is poised to become the world's most populous nation, whereas the French population stands at 67 million.
As per report manufacturing and consumer spending were the main drivers of the Indian economy last year, after a slowdown blamed on the demonetization of large banknotes that Modi imposed at the end of 2016, as well as a chaotic implementation of a new harmonized VAT regime. Presently India has doubled its GDP within a decade and is expected to power ahead as a key economic engine in Asia, even as China slows down.
Further according to the International Monetary
Fund, India is projected to generate growth of 7.4% this year and 7.8% in 2019,
boosted by household spending and a tax reform and this compares to the world's
expected average growth of 3.9%.
Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls Accordingly after Big brother of Grand Alliance Congress announced its first list, even TDP announced its first list, late on Monday night. TDP's national president and AP CM Chandrababu Naidu have okayed names of 9 candidates in the first list for Telangana polls.
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!