As per report from Dharmapuri, Tamilnadu Hogenakkal was closed for picnickers for the second day on Wednesday due to a surge in inflow into the Cauvery here following heavy surplus discharge from the upper riparian state. Meanwhile the inflow as measured by the Central Water Commission office at Biligundulu, the point from where the Cauvery enters Tamilnadu, was 35,000 cusec on Wednesday morning.
Accordingly it gradually increased to over 38,000 cusec and is expected to cross 50,000 cusec in the early hours of Thursday, because of huge discharge from Karnataka's dam. Reports added only 2 feet is left for the dam to fill and the upper riparian state is maintaining discharge level at 39,667 cusec. Even though there was no big discharge (3,612 cusec) from the KRS dam, Tamilnadu has chances to get more inflow from KRS if the dam's storage level touches 122 feet as against the present level of 115 feet as recorded on Wednesday.
Furthermore KRS gets water from the Harangi dam which receives an inflow
of 14,973 cusec and outflow from the dam was maintained at the level of 12,388
cusec to maintain water storage level at 2,857 feet against its full storage
capacity of 2,859 feet.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?