Media reports stated that former Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has written to current Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy about his reservations over the new budget proposed by the JD(S)-Congress coalition government. Meanwhile he has requested Kumaraswamy to roll back the increase in prices of petrol and diesel and retain the provision of seven kilograms of rice distributed as part of "Anna Bhagya" (free rice) scheme.
Moreover he asked Kumaraswamy to reconsider his decision of reducing the amount of rice given to each individual as part of the scheme from 7 kg to 5 kg. As per the letter "By reducing the amount of rice given by 2 kgs, we can make savings of Rs 600-700 crores at most, but he believes you can imagine the kind of difficulty this causes for the poor”.
Furthermore he further asked the CM to roll back
the hike in petrol and diesel prices, pointing out that the Congress is leading
a fight against the BJP government at the Centre over the increasing petrol and
diesel prices. Moreover the BJP in the state was quick to pounce on the cracks
appearing in the coalition government as leader of the opposition BS
Yeddyurappa took to twitter to highlight the difference of opinion within the
Congress JD(S) alliance.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy