Media reports stated that former Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has written to current Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy about his reservations over the new budget proposed by the JD(S)-Congress coalition government. Meanwhile he has requested Kumaraswamy to roll back the increase in prices of petrol and diesel and retain the provision of seven kilograms of rice distributed as part of "Anna Bhagya" (free rice) scheme.
Moreover he asked Kumaraswamy to reconsider his decision of reducing the amount of rice given to each individual as part of the scheme from 7 kg to 5 kg. As per the letter "By reducing the amount of rice given by 2 kgs, we can make savings of Rs 600-700 crores at most, but he believes you can imagine the kind of difficulty this causes for the poor”.
Furthermore he further asked the CM to roll back
the hike in petrol and diesel prices, pointing out that the Congress is leading
a fight against the BJP government at the Centre over the increasing petrol and
diesel prices. Moreover the BJP in the state was quick to pounce on the cracks
appearing in the coalition government as leader of the opposition BS
Yeddyurappa took to twitter to highlight the difference of opinion within the
Congress JD(S) alliance.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?