The mighty Croatia has crashed the dreams of England, which had entered the FIFA 2018 Football world cup campaign with the mission to win the world cup after 52 years, by thrashing them 2-1 in the semifinal match held yesterday. This makes Croatia enter the Finals, in which they will be battling another strong team France, on July 15.
FIFA World cup 2018 which began on June 14, with 32 nations participating, has completed the knockout and quarter and semi final stages, reaching into the Final stage. After 1982 and 2006, World cup witnessed 4 European nations in the semi final stage. For the fourth consecutive time, a European nation is all set to clinch the world cup, following Italy in 2006, Spain in 2010, and Germany in 2014. While France had thumped Belgium 1-0 in the first semi final, yesterday Croatia beat England 2-1 in the second semifinal. Croatia has won all the league matches, and in its 4th world cup appearance has come to semifinals for the second time.
While England began strong with a goal scored in the 5th minute of the game itself, Croatia scored a goal in the 68th minute to make it 1-1. With the goal scored in the 109th minute, Croatia took a lead of 2-1 and after the 5th minute goal by England, Croatia made sure they never came back into the game, defending the attack of England very well, and are all set to face France in the final.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?