Indian sprinter Hima Das, has won a gold medal in the 400 m final of IAAF world athletics championships at Tampere, Finland, in the under 20 category. Hima (18) made the record, clocking 51.46 seconds while Romania's Andrea miklos clocked 52.07 seconds coming second, while US girl Taylor Manson won the bronze medal, clocking 52.28 seconds.
The time charts in the semi finals was also lead overall by Hima Das, with 52.10 seconds. It was in April that the Assam girl had finished sixth in the commonwealth games, in 400m final with timing of 51.32 seconds, and in the recent national interstate championship in Guwahati she further bettered timing with 51.13 seconds.
Hima Das now joins the league of Neeraj Chopra who had clinched gold in
javelin throw in 2016 event held in Poland with a world record.
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington