Indian sprinter Hima Das, has won a gold medal in the 400 m final of IAAF world athletics championships at Tampere, Finland, in the under 20 category. Hima (18) made the record, clocking 51.46 seconds while Romania's Andrea miklos clocked 52.07 seconds coming second, while US girl Taylor Manson won the bronze medal, clocking 52.28 seconds.
The time charts in the semi finals was also lead overall by Hima Das, with 52.10 seconds. It was in April that the Assam girl had finished sixth in the commonwealth games, in 400m final with timing of 51.32 seconds, and in the recent national interstate championship in Guwahati she further bettered timing with 51.13 seconds.
Hima Das now joins the league of Neeraj Chopra who had clinched gold in
javelin throw in 2016 event held in Poland with a world record.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!