Washington sources made a statement that a jury in the US on Thursday ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay $4.69 billion in damages to 22 women and their families who had claimed the company's talcum power products caused them to develop ovarian cancer. As per report the compensation awarded by a jury in St. Louis, Missouri, is divided into $550 million in compensatory damages and another $4.14 billion in punitive damages.
Meanwhile this is the largest damages Johnson & Johnson has faced to date among about 9,000 similar cases. Media reports added the plaintiffs, six of whom have already died, alleged that asbestos found in the baby product company's talcum powder caused their ovarian cancer since the 1970s.
Presently as per report Johnson & Johnson, which has announced that it
will appeal against the verdict, argues that its talc products do not contain
asbestos or cause cancer. This product
is used by infinite mothers all over the globe and will the product be banned
Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer Mumbai sources reported that a heartfelt post, Bollywood star Sonali Bendre has revealed that amidst cancer treatment, she is "switching on the sunshine" with the help of her son's "madness". Meanwhile the actor, who is currently undergoing treatment in New York for the fatal disease, took to Instagram to pen down a heartfelt message for her 12 year old son Ranveer.
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders
- "We had an incredible year, $100 billion in revenue: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Linking political party with raids is wrong
- Is South Indian Leaders against PM Narendra Modi's Govt?
- Rahul Gandhi winks after hugging PM Modi during No-Confidence Motion Debate
- Google searches for word IDIOT related to Leaders
- #RahulHugsModi - Social Media Reacts for Rahul Gandhi's 'Wink' and 'Tight Hug' after aggressive speech
- Controversial Leader Subramaniya Swamy's next target is CM KCR
- Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief