Washington sources made a statement that a jury in the US on Thursday ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay $4.69 billion in damages to 22 women and their families who had claimed the company's talcum power products caused them to develop ovarian cancer. As per report the compensation awarded by a jury in St. Louis, Missouri, is divided into $550 million in compensatory damages and another $4.14 billion in punitive damages.
Meanwhile this is the largest damages Johnson & Johnson has faced to date among about 9,000 similar cases. Media reports added the plaintiffs, six of whom have already died, alleged that asbestos found in the baby product company's talcum powder caused their ovarian cancer since the 1970s.
Presently as per report Johnson & Johnson, which has announced that it
will appeal against the verdict, argues that its talc products do not contain
asbestos or cause cancer. This product
is used by infinite mothers all over the globe and will the product be banned
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!