According to sources in a bid to check the rampant plagiarism now increasingly being seen in Doctoral research theses, Osamania University on Thursday put in place a system to ensure there is no copying. Meanwhile recently the university has bought the Turnitin software at Rs 7.61 lakh per year, and has named Assistant Professor AS Chakravarthy as Coordinator, Anti-Plagiarism Software.
Furthermore the statement put out by the University said as many as 250 faculty members, including Deans, Heads of Departments and Chairpersons of different Boards of Studies will all be given access to the software. Moreover the scholars have to pay Rs 500 before they can run their theses through the software. The statement added “Given that around 1,000 theses are submitted annually in Osmania, this amount will go a considerable way towards meeting the operational costs of the Software”.
Further the University will also be holding training
and awareness programs for members of the faculty and research scholars on how
to use the software and why plagiarism cannot be accepted. Hence this announcement by Osmania University
comes just days after Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Centre is
taking strong steps to clamp down on the rising instances of plagiarism seen in
doctoral research thesis.
TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme According to sources Rythu Raksha is a scheme aimed at providing input subsidy for farmers in Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the Government has proposed to credit the money directly into the bank account of farmers and the scheme will be implemented from the next Kharif season in a phased manner. Hence this scheme will also include tenant farmers. Furthermore the guidelines for the scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure