According to sources in a bid to check the rampant plagiarism now increasingly being seen in Doctoral research theses, Osamania University on Thursday put in place a system to ensure there is no copying. Meanwhile recently the university has bought the Turnitin software at Rs 7.61 lakh per year, and has named Assistant Professor AS Chakravarthy as Coordinator, Anti-Plagiarism Software.
Furthermore the statement put out by the University said as many as 250 faculty members, including Deans, Heads of Departments and Chairpersons of different Boards of Studies will all be given access to the software. Moreover the scholars have to pay Rs 500 before they can run their theses through the software. The statement added “Given that around 1,000 theses are submitted annually in Osmania, this amount will go a considerable way towards meeting the operational costs of the Software”.
Further the University will also be holding training
and awareness programs for members of the faculty and research scholars on how
to use the software and why plagiarism cannot be accepted. Hence this announcement by Osmania University
comes just days after Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Centre is
taking strong steps to clamp down on the rising instances of plagiarism seen in
doctoral research thesis.
WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation As per report it is needless to tell that 'Whatsapp' is one unbeaten social media application that is leading the sector, besides Facebook and Twitter. Meanwhile the Facebook owned company is now rolling out a new feature that can help its users to take back an accidental or wrong message sent to someone.
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub
- TTD plans keeping Tirumala temple open for devotees, TTD Board meeting on July 24
- Will O. Pannerselvam be held for having unaccounted assets?
- Stormy Monsoon Session moves in full swing
- 2,50,000 Private School Teachers on strike in Telangana today
- Why Arun Jaitley feels PM Narendra Modi as a good Leader?
- Crotia President wins hearts!
- TDP decides to go against BJP in Today's Monsoon Parliament Session
- CBSE appeal over NEET grace marks!
- Over 120 crores seized in IT raids!
- Second last full-fledged Monsoon PARLIAMENT session begins today
- Why Google inquires about Hima Das Caste after her winning?
- Rumors about Sterlite on social media, Vedanta asked its employees to report for duty
- How did Khushbu react to allegations by Sri Reddy against her hubby?