According to sources in a bid to check the rampant plagiarism now increasingly being seen in Doctoral research theses, Osamania University on Thursday put in place a system to ensure there is no copying. Meanwhile recently the university has bought the Turnitin software at Rs 7.61 lakh per year, and has named Assistant Professor AS Chakravarthy as Coordinator, Anti-Plagiarism Software.
Furthermore the statement put out by the University said as many as 250 faculty members, including Deans, Heads of Departments and Chairpersons of different Boards of Studies will all be given access to the software. Moreover the scholars have to pay Rs 500 before they can run their theses through the software. The statement added “Given that around 1,000 theses are submitted annually in Osmania, this amount will go a considerable way towards meeting the operational costs of the Software”.
Further the University will also be holding training
and awareness programs for members of the faculty and research scholars on how
to use the software and why plagiarism cannot be accepted. Hence this announcement by Osmania University
comes just days after Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Centre is
taking strong steps to clamp down on the rising instances of plagiarism seen in
doctoral research thesis.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?