New Delhi sources reported that Tharoor commented that if BJP voted to power again in 2019, it will rewrite the Constitution and pave the way for the creation of a "Hindu Pakistan". Meanwhile Tharoor's comments invited flak from right wing groups who demanded apology from Congress president Rahul Gandhi for the "attack on Indian democracy and Hindus".
Meanwhile Tharoor commented at an event in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala "And that will enshrine the principle of Hindu Rashtra, that will remove equality for the minorities, and that will create a Hindu Pakistan and that is not what Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, Sardar Patel, Maulana Azad and great heroes of freedom struggle fought for". Moreover angry BJP came out strongly against Tharoor over his comments, with party spokesman Sambit Patra calling it "extraordinary" as it was an "attack on the Indian democracy and Hindus".
Furthermore Sambit said it was an insult to compare
India's democracy to that of Pakistan, which he called "terroristan",
and demanded that the Congress stop "fear-mongering". He said "And
you (Shashi Tharoor) compare our democracy to Pakistan's? Thanks to the
Congress party, we have had black patches in our history, such as the Emergency
imposed by Indira Gandhi during which the Constitution was suspended for two
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!