Maheshwari Vidyalaya in Hyderabad has banned students from bringing eggs, noodles, rice and non-vegetarian food in their lunch boxes. Meanwhile this came to light after a city based child rights group, Balala Hakkula Sangham, was tipped off by a group of parents, who wished to maintain anonymity. Moreover the school administrator, Mounika, purportedly can be heard saying rice and noodles are not allowed as they make mothers “lazy”, who often pack previous day’s food that can make the children fall sick.
Moreover she can further be heard saying that non-vegetarian food is not allowed as children from specific communities where meat is prohibited might end up eating it from their peers’ lunch boxes, without realizing that it hurts the sentiments of their religion or community.
Further when speaking to TNM, Achyuta Rao, president of Balala Hakkula
Sangham, said that the school has been threatening parents saying they will
expel their children if they raise any objections to the food ban and they are
the primary sources of protein, the lack of which can have a serious impact on
the kids during their growing age from stunted mental growth to lack of body
building, such rules out rightly violate children’s rights to have nutritious
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!