Accordingly a day after six people died in a gas leak at the Gerdau Steel plant at Tadipatri in Anantapur district, an expert committee comprising of the Andhra Pradesh Industries Department, police and disaster management officials have begun the investigation into the accident. Meanwhile the expert committee will investigate and ascertain the cause of the accident at the Gerdau Steel plant on Thursday.
Surendranath Reddy Circle Inspector, Tadipatri Rural said "An expert team has been constituted and is inquiring into the case as to know if the safety measures were taken or not. It will investigate to find whether there were any lapses in following security measures”. He added "We have also taken into custody 15 people to prevent the law and order situation from deteriorating in the area and have detained them under CRPC 151 and will later release them”.
Moreover when speaking to TNM, Sridhar Krishnamoorthy the Managing Director for Gerdau Steel India said, "They are in discussions with the local authorities and will do our best to help the families and are yet to ascertain the root cause of the accident. Moreover they have procedures that have to be followed at the steel plant and have to see if they were followed or if there were any behavioral issues."
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington