According to sources the Congress had hit back at the BJP for its statement that the opposition party was trying to create a "partition like situation" in the country, saying that it was the BJP that was seeking to polarize people and divert attention from "real issues". Meanwhile in a sharp attack on the Congress, senior BJP leader and Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had asked Congress chief Rahul Gandhi to clarify his remarks reported in a Urdu daily that his party was a Muslim party and that he was on a course correction path.
Previously the Congress has dismissed the media report as a "rumor" and had asserted that it was a party of 132 crore Indians. Moreover when taking on Ms Sitharaman, Congress spokesperson Sushmita Dev said it was expected that with just days to go for the monsoon session, the Defense Minister would take up issues which are "unnecessarily to create a controversy and move away from real issues".
Furthermore Congress' communications in-charge
Randeep Surjewala, responding to a question on the Urdu media report, said when
governance fails, rumors take precedence. He told "When the government is on
the path of lying, then rumors become the main policy of the government”. Further
after noting that the history of the Indian national movement and the history
of the Congress are well documented, Mr. Surjewala said the Congress is a party
of 132 crore Indians, and will remain so forever.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!