According to sources the Congress had hit back at the BJP for its statement that the opposition party was trying to create a "partition like situation" in the country, saying that it was the BJP that was seeking to polarize people and divert attention from "real issues". Meanwhile in a sharp attack on the Congress, senior BJP leader and Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had asked Congress chief Rahul Gandhi to clarify his remarks reported in a Urdu daily that his party was a Muslim party and that he was on a course correction path.
Previously the Congress has dismissed the media report as a "rumor" and had asserted that it was a party of 132 crore Indians. Moreover when taking on Ms Sitharaman, Congress spokesperson Sushmita Dev said it was expected that with just days to go for the monsoon session, the Defense Minister would take up issues which are "unnecessarily to create a controversy and move away from real issues".
Furthermore Congress' communications in-charge
Randeep Surjewala, responding to a question on the Urdu media report, said when
governance fails, rumors take precedence. He told "When the government is on
the path of lying, then rumors become the main policy of the government”. Further
after noting that the history of the Indian national movement and the history
of the Congress are well documented, Mr. Surjewala said the Congress is a party
of 132 crore Indians, and will remain so forever.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers