Chennai sources added that an official said as many as 47 major temples in Tamilnadu run by the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department will get Food Safety and Standards Authority of India certification for their 'prasadam’. Accordingly prasadam, a material substance of food, is a religious offering and is normally consumed by devotees after offering prayers.
Meanwhile the exercise, aimed at ensuring quality and bringing in standardisation, began with the prasadam of the famous Sri Palani Murugan temple's (Dhandayuthapaniswamy temple) 'Panchamirtham' (a mix of banana, ghee, honey, sugar and dates). The official said "Palani Murugan temple was our pilot project. We have initiated the process of getting FSSAI certification in other 46 temples as well”.
Moreover the official said, "Quality assurance is our priority incidents
of people taking ill after consuming prasadam in some private temples drew our
attention and we decided to go in for licensing." Earlier in April this
year, two women died and over 30 people took ill after consuming prasadam
provided by a privately administered temple at Mettupalayam near Coimbatore. Moreover
Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple, Rameswaram Sri Ramanathaswamy temple, Srirangam
Ranganathaswamy temple and Tiruvannamalai Arunachaleswara temple are among the
major shrines of Tamilnadu.
Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain According to sources it was stated that the world famous "Bikini Climber" of died of suspected hypothermia after a fall in Taiwan's Yushan National Park. Reportedly Hypothermia is a condition in which a human body dissipates more heat than it absorbs, in this case due to exposure to extreme cold.
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies