Sources from Mumbai reported that Chairman of India’s oil to telecom major Mukesh Ambani has overtaken Alibaba Group’s founder Jack Ma to become the richest person in Asia. Meanwhile a day after Reliance Industries’ stock entered the $100 billion market capitalization club, the stock went on to rally to breach the 7 lakh crore market valuation on Friday. As per Bloomberg Billionaires Index “With Reliance Industries trading up by 1.6%, Ambani’s net worth stood at $44.3 billion”.
Accordingly as per report Jack Ma’s wealth was at $44 billion. Alibaba Group Holding’s Ma has lost $1.4 billion in 2018. Moreover as per a Bloomberg report, Ambani added $4 billion to his fortune this year thanks to its petrochemical capacity doubling. In addition, investors have also lauded the success of his disruptive telecom venture Reliance Jio. Furthermore, Ambani recently also unveiled his plans on entering the ecommerce space by leveraging the 200+ million telecom subscribers that the company has amassed.
Furthermore after taking on incumbents such as
Idea, Airtel and Vodafone in the telecom space, Ambani now wants to take on
Amazon.com, Walmart, Paytm and the likes. Recently Ambani took over
Reliance Industries from his father Dhirubhai Ambani and has played an
important role in the company foraying into refining and petrochemicals in the
1990s and telecom and retail in the 2000s.
Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai According to sources the mammoth 64 feet high statue of Lord Vishnu has reached Singarapettai about 60 km from Krishnagiri town and is slowly proceeding to Bengaluru. Reportedly the statue carved from a monolithic block had started its journey about a month ago. Meanwhile the splendorous statue of Vishwaroopa Mahavishnu weighing over 300 tonnes was carved out of a hillock in Korakkottai village in Vandavasi taluk of Tiruvannamalai.
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue