As per report Director General of Police M Mahender Reddy said Hyderabad police's Community CCTV project 'Nenu Saitham' was a massive success in the city, with a 32% reduction in the overall crime rate in the last three years. Meanwhile with community involvement and active partnership in the project, the impact of CCTVs in Hyderabad city police jurisdiction saw a reduction in the number of chain snatching cases by a whopping 91% in as many years.
Moreover after convening a state wide conference on the community CCTV project in Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Hyderabad, the DGP stated that the city police shared the best practices adopted in rapidly rolling out the Community CCTV Project to the police units in the 31 revenue districts. He said “Each CCTV acts as a force multiplier, with a potential of 100 police personnel, besides being trusted by the public and by the Courts”.
Furthermore in the conference the police forces
took a resolution to install 10 lakh CCTV cameras in GHMC limits and
15 lakh cameras for the entire state in the next three years. Presently with
the support of the District Police authorities at all levels, and Mahender
Reddy said the benefits of the CCTV project can be reaped through the
contributions and participation of local communities across the state.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!