Andhra sources added that seven persons were declared missing on Sunday morning as authorities in Andhra Pradesh resumed their search and rescue operations following a boat capsize on Saturday evening. Meanwhile the incident occurred near Pasuvullanka in I. Polavaram Mandal (block) in East Godavari district and the boat, with around 30 to 40 people on board, capsized after hitting a pillar of an under-construction bridge.
Reports added local people, including fishermen, rescued around 20 people while the search was on for others missing. Meanwhile some media reports claimed that the boat did not have a license, the police have refuted the claim. Furthermore when speaking to TNM, Vishal Gummi, Superintendent of Police, East Godavari, said, "The boat was completely licensed and as of now, that is not an issue. It is a case of an accident, as the driver rammed into a pillar of an under-construction bridge."
Moreover when asked if it was negligence on part of
the driver, which led to the accident, the senior police official said,
"It is tough to say and as of now, we are focusing on rescue operations
and we have taken the driver into custody and have registered a case, where
they will launch a detailed investigation soon to find out how it
Why Mudragada is silent now? Mudragada Padmanabham who fights relentlessly for Kapu Reservations since last 5 years has become silent in current scenario. He gave lot of troubles to CBN by doing the agitation on Kapu Reservations.
- Govt wants a suitable buyer for Air India
- TTD Chairman planned to serve people by spending money from his pocket
- VMRDA new Chairman thanked CM Jagan
- Importance of filing Income tax, Filing Last date July 31
- Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP?
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala