Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
As per report therefore, no devotees would be allowed for the period between the evening of August 9 and the morning of August 17. TTD Board said "Pilgrims will not be allowed to enter Vaikuntham Queue Complex for darshan after 6 pm of August 9 and the darshan will resume to pilgrims only after 6 am from August 17 onward. Further as per the request the pilgrim devotees of Lord Venkateswara present across the globe to plan their pilgrimage accordingly".
Meanwhile when explaining the TTD's decision,
Sudhakar told reporters, "The last time "Maha Samprokshana"
was held, only 20,000- 30,000 devotees would visit the temple so, it was
possible to allow a limited number of them, but, presently over one lakh
devotees visit the temple on a daily basis”. Moreover according to TTD
officials, the temple's earnings during 2018-19 are expected to be Rs 2,894
crore, of which the offerings in temple 'Hundi' are likely to be Rs 1,156
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy