Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
As per report therefore, no devotees would be allowed for the period between the evening of August 9 and the morning of August 17. TTD Board said "Pilgrims will not be allowed to enter Vaikuntham Queue Complex for darshan after 6 pm of August 9 and the darshan will resume to pilgrims only after 6 am from August 17 onward. Further as per the request the pilgrim devotees of Lord Venkateswara present across the globe to plan their pilgrimage accordingly".
Meanwhile when explaining the TTD's decision,
Sudhakar told reporters, "The last time "Maha Samprokshana"
was held, only 20,000- 30,000 devotees would visit the temple so, it was
possible to allow a limited number of them, but, presently over one lakh
devotees visit the temple on a daily basis”. Moreover according to TTD
officials, the temple's earnings during 2018-19 are expected to be Rs 2,894
crore, of which the offerings in temple 'Hundi' are likely to be Rs 1,156
Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag Sources from Karachi stated that Pakistani authorities have suspended the registration of a school here after some students danced to an Indian song and waved India's national flag during a cultural event, hurting the country's "national dignity". Meanwhile a show cause notice was issued to the school's owner on Wednesday to appear before the Directorate of Inspection and Registration of Private
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95