Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
As per report therefore, no devotees would be allowed for the period between the evening of August 9 and the morning of August 17. TTD Board said "Pilgrims will not be allowed to enter Vaikuntham Queue Complex for darshan after 6 pm of August 9 and the darshan will resume to pilgrims only after 6 am from August 17 onward. Further as per the request the pilgrim devotees of Lord Venkateswara present across the globe to plan their pilgrimage accordingly".
Meanwhile when explaining the TTD's decision,
Sudhakar told reporters, "The last time "Maha Samprokshana"
was held, only 20,000- 30,000 devotees would visit the temple so, it was
possible to allow a limited number of them, but, presently over one lakh
devotees visit the temple on a daily basis”. Moreover according to TTD
officials, the temple's earnings during 2018-19 are expected to be Rs 2,894
crore, of which the offerings in temple 'Hundi' are likely to be Rs 1,156
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?