New Delhi sources added that PM Narendra Modi said at a public meeting in UP, as part of his two day visit to the state the real face of these parties was revealed by their approach on triple talaq". Meanwhile he said criticizing the opposition that on one side the Centre is making efforts to ease and improve the lives of women and on the other these parties are working to put the lives of women, especially Muslim women, in danger.
He said "Crores of Muslim women had always demanded that triple talaq should be banned, as it is also banned in Islamic countries”. Moreover he said “He read in the newspaper that the Congress president had said that the Congress is a party of Muslims, and there has been discussion on this for the past two days, in an apparent reference to Rahul Gandhi's recent meeting with Muslim intellectuals”.
Modi added "He is not surprised as when
Manmohan Singh was the PM, he had said that Muslims have the first right over
natural resources, but he wants to ask the Congress whether it is a party of
Muslim men alone”. Furthermore the criticism comes ahead of the monsoon session
of Parliament where a bill abolishing instant divorce among Muslims, already
passed in the Lok Sabha, is pending in the Rajya Sabha.
Will DMK fulfill its promises as per its Manifesto for Elections 2019? Chennai sources stated that the DMK on Tuesday promised to do away with the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) for medical admissions and ushering in quota in the private sector in its manifesto for the Lok Sabha election. DMK chief MK Stalin said while unveiling the salient features of his party's manifesto that "The NEET for medical admissions will be scrapped".
- RK Roja accused Chandrababu Naidu for acting as Mastermind in YS Vivekananda Reddy's death
- History Maker: Iniyavan - Inventor of 2000 types of Idlis
- Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination?
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant