Chennai sources added that actor turned politician Rajinikanth on Sunday extended his support to the One Nation One Election theory and said that this move will surely save public funds. Meanwhile when taking to twitter, the Tamil actor said, "He supports One Nation One Election. This will save money and time." More recently, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also came out in support for the new theory and stated that a consensus will have to be achieved before implementing this decision and it may take time even till 2024.
Further citing reason for proposing One Nation One Theory scheme, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had earlier stated that simultaneous polls will bring stability in the electoral process of the nation and save public money.
Moreover he further stated, "Frequent
elections lead to the expenditure of public money, posting of officers from
outside and governance suffers. Our democracy is 70 years old there should be
some stability in the electoral process." Earlier in April 2018, the
Commission had stated that simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and state
Assemblies could be held in two phases from 2019, provided that at least two
provisions of the Constitution are amended and ratified by a majority of the
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar