Chennai sources added that actor turned politician Rajinikanth on Sunday extended his support to the One Nation One Election theory and said that this move will surely save public funds. Meanwhile when taking to twitter, the Tamil actor said, "He supports One Nation One Election. This will save money and time." More recently, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also came out in support for the new theory and stated that a consensus will have to be achieved before implementing this decision and it may take time even till 2024.
Further citing reason for proposing One Nation One Theory scheme, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had earlier stated that simultaneous polls will bring stability in the electoral process of the nation and save public money.
Moreover he further stated, "Frequent
elections lead to the expenditure of public money, posting of officers from
outside and governance suffers. Our democracy is 70 years old there should be
some stability in the electoral process." Earlier in April 2018, the
Commission had stated that simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and state
Assemblies could be held in two phases from 2019, provided that at least two
provisions of the Constitution are amended and ratified by a majority of the
Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student New York sources reported that man who was a suspect in the killing of an Indian student in Kansas City has been shot dead by police after he shot and wounded three officers on Sunday. Accordingly the man, who had been under surveillance in connection with the fatal shooting of Sharath Koppu on July 6 at a restaurant, was killed during an exchange of fire with police on Sunday.
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents