Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump’s lament this week that immigration is “changing the culture” of Europe echoed rising anti-immigrant feelings on both sides of the Atlantic, where Europe and the United States are going through a demographic transformation that makes some of the white majority uncomfortable. Meanwhile the historians and advocates immediately denounced Trump’s comments, saying such talk would encourage white nationalists.
Heidi Beirich, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project said “The way he put this argument about changing our culture about Europe becoming less nice than it is, in other words, these people are here and they are making the culture crappy and making the place lesser, that is straight out of the white supremacist/white nationalist playbook”.
Earlier in January, Trump questioned why the U.S.
would accept more immigrants from Haiti and “shithole countries” in Africa as
he rejected a bipartisan immigration deal, according to one participant and
people briefed on the conversation. Moreover in recent weeks, Trump bowed to
tremendous political pressure and issued an executive order ending his
administration’s practice of separating migrant children from their parents
when families cross the border with Mexico illegally.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!