According to sources Polish people participated in the "Day without cell phone" campaign on Sunday, an informal action encouraging people to put away their mobiles and strive to consolidate direct ties with friends and family members. As per report the "Day without cell phone" action was initiated a few years ago to remind people about non-virtual life, genuine social contacts and communication based on real conversation instead of text messaging and checking on the Internet constantly.
Meanwhile according to the statistics provided by the Central Statistical Office, 92% of Poles was using mobile phones last year, including 57% using smart phones. The university student Agnieszka said "He really can't live without his phone, and he checks it every few minutes to stay in touch with his friends, check on social media and the news."
Recently studies indicated that a majority of young people in Poland used
their phones during lessons, family meals or even at the cinema. Moreover the
problem of phonoholism a phone addiction has been observed a few years
ago, with experts and psychologists trying to increase awareness about this
problem. Reports added excessive use of
mobile phones might lead to nervousness, hyperactivity, lack of attention, as
well as eyesight and spine problems. It is also one of the main causes of
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!