According to sources it is no secret among experienced marketing professionals in India that the best of multinational companies meet their Waterloo in this country. Reports added that Apple Inc. could be the latest in the news if one goes by the churning the company’s Indian operations are going through currently.
Meanwhile three of its senior executives are on their way out; the company is pruning the number of distributors from five to just two by the close of this financial year and other changes are likely to be witnessed in the days to come. Further the observers are placing the blame for all this squarely on the poor sales volumes Apple products have been able to achieve in the Indian market.
Accordingly Rahul Puri, Head, National Sales,
Jayant Gupta Head, Operator Business and iPhone sales and Manish Sharma, National
Sales Head (Telecom) are the three now being discussed in the media. Moreover
Apple may also have to take a serious look at the cost of its components and
servicing charges and these are prohibitively high and multiple times what one
has to pay for similar products or service of any other brand. After having set
up a new distribution centre outside Mumbai, Apple India hopes to make supplies
to large retailers directly, in order to bring down the net cost to the buyers.
NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth Washington sources reported that NASA's Kepler space telescope that discovered thousands of planets outside our solar system and revealed that our galaxy contains more planets than stars, has received its final set of commands to disconnect communications with Earth. Meanwhile the "goodnight" commands finalize the spacecraft's transition into retirement, which began on October 30
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP