Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami announced that the admissions to Indian Medical courses Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy in Tamilnadu for the 2018 to 2019 academic year will be held based solely on Class 12 marks. Recently the Chief Minister conducted a high level meeting at the Secretariat on Monday to discuss the order issued by the Madurai bench of Madras High Court to award 196 grace marks to students who had given NEET 2018 in Tamil.
Meanwhile in the meeting the decision of the central government regarding NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses in Tamilnadu was also discussed. Furthermore a press release from the Secretariat stated that the state government has been firm in conveying its opposition to NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses in the state.
The statement said “The decision of the central
government to adopt NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses is in
direct contradiction to the state’s policy based opposition and to the
provisions of the Tamilnadu Regulation of Admission in Professional Courses
Act, 2006”. Reports added the order was issued after the CPI(M) MP TK
Rangarajan filed a petition in the HC pointing out translation issues in the
Tamil question paper issued by CBSE and the court had also ordered the CBSE to
release a revised rank list after incorporating the grace marks within two
weeks from the date of order.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees