Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami announced that the admissions to Indian Medical courses Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy in Tamilnadu for the 2018 to 2019 academic year will be held based solely on Class 12 marks. Recently the Chief Minister conducted a high level meeting at the Secretariat on Monday to discuss the order issued by the Madurai bench of Madras High Court to award 196 grace marks to students who had given NEET 2018 in Tamil.
Meanwhile in the meeting the decision of the central government regarding NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses in Tamilnadu was also discussed. Furthermore a press release from the Secretariat stated that the state government has been firm in conveying its opposition to NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses in the state.
The statement said “The decision of the central
government to adopt NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses is in
direct contradiction to the state’s policy based opposition and to the
provisions of the Tamilnadu Regulation of Admission in Professional Courses
Act, 2006”. Reports added the order was issued after the CPI(M) MP TK
Rangarajan filed a petition in the HC pointing out translation issues in the
Tamil question paper issued by CBSE and the court had also ordered the CBSE to
release a revised rank list after incorporating the grace marks within two
weeks from the date of order.
Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking that India and Pakistan resume dialogue that has been suspended since 2015. In the letter addressing the PM as "Modi Sahab", Imran Khan also suggests a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries. Meanwhile the new Pakistan prime minister wrote Pakistan "remains ready" to discuss terrorism.
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name