Tampere sources reported that Hima Das had scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to win gold at the IAAF World under 20 Athletics Championships as she clinched the top spot in the women's 400m final race on the third day of competitions. Accordingly the 18 year old Das, a pre-tournament favorite, clocked 51.46s to win the gold.
Moreover her remarkable feat garnered appreciation from all over the country as many renowned personalities lauded the Assam sprinter on social media, but soon after, there was an alarming rise on Google regarding details of her caste. Furthermore Google trends showed how caste was the most suggested search topic relating to Das and states such as Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Kerala and few others had the highest search results.
Moreover Das was a favorite to win gold as she is the U-20 season leader
in this quarter mile event. Das clocked an Indian U-20 record of 51.32 seconds
to finish sixth in the Commonwealth Games 400m final in Gold Coast in April. Further
since then, she has gone onto improving her timings and presently lowered the
Indian U-20 record in 400m to 51.13 seconds while winning gold in the recent
National Inter-State Championships in Guwahati.
Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP As per report a day after Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy called for a “revolt” against the BJP in Karnataka, BJP MP Sadananda Gowda and a delegation of the party’s leaders met with Governor Vajubhai Vala and submitted a memorandum requesting legal action to be taken against him.
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!