According to sources private schools across Telangana may be shut on Wednesday as teachers across the state have called for a bandh. Meanwhile the Telangana Private Teachers Forum (TPTF) has listed a charter of demands, and unless they are fulfilled, the bandh will go on as scheduled.
Moreover according to the forum, as many as 12,000 schools across the state will be affected. Their demands are as follows. Implementation of , Nextly teachers should be given a salary of 12 months through banks, as school managements are only giving them 10 months worth of salary. Further the government should form a private teachers welfare board Property tax on school buildings should be removed and the electricity charges that are levied on private schools must be changed from commercial to domestic charges.
Moreover a health-card should be sanctioned, and
the government should give teachers an accident insurance of Rs 5 lakh. Teachers
above the age of 50 should be paid a pension of Rs 5,000 and they should be allowed
to vote during teacher MLC elections and the Right to Education Act should be
implemented, and 25% of seats should be reserved and fee reimbursement should
be implemented. Further every school should implement Employees State Insurance
and Provident Fund facilities for teachers and a special Act should be brought
in to regulate fees in schools. Teachers should encourage small budget schools
by extending help by way of bank loans and government subsidies.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy