According to sources Former US President Barack Obama, who has often talked about the influence of Mahatma Gandhi on his life, yesterday invoked him during a major speech, while articulating his vision of equality, justice and freedom. Meanwhile Obama, who scripted history by becoming the first black President of the US in 2009, has long shown a fascination with Gandhi, hanging a photo of the Indian icon on the wall of his Senate office and citing Gandhi in his Nobel Prize acceptance speech.
Furthermore in an address in honor of anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela ahead of the 100th anniversary of his birth, Obama made a plea to his audience to preserve democratic freedoms as the key to peace. Obama said "He believes in Nelson Mandela's vision, he believes in a vision shared by (Mahatma) Gandhi and (Martin Luther) King, and Abraham Lincoln, and he also believes in a vision of equality and justice and freedom and multi-racial democracy built on a pretense that all people are created equal and are endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights”.
Moreover he added that there was a choice between two visions of
humanity's future that the world must choose between. Accordingly his lecture,
titled "Renewing the Mandela legacy and promoting active citizenship in a
changing world," which tracked the transformation of the world,
particularly in terms of race relations and human rights, over the past 100
Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards Reportedly the Government of Telangana has issued a notification creating Narayanpet and Mulugu as separate districts. Meanwhile the notification said that Narayanpet will have 11 mandals while Mulugu will comprise of 9 mandals and with the creation of these two new districts, the number of districts in Telangana have gone up to 33.
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users