Sources from Thoothukudi reported that to enhance patrolling along the southern coast in the Gulf of Mannar region and ensure better sea line communication, the Indian coast guard station at Thoothukudi is to get two more offshore patrolling vessels in the next two years.
Meanwhile when disclosing this to media persons of the new administrative building for the coast guard station, coast guard commander and Inspector General of the eastern region, Rajan Bargotra said that one more offshore patrolling vessel is to be included to add to the existing fleet strength within this year to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided by the Indian coast guard to fishermen operating from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi districts apart from general surveillance activities.
The coast guard commander added "Yet another fast patrol vessel is
planned to be based at Tuticorin station by 2020". Moreover he also said
that the Indian coast guard is to set up a new aviation unit at Thoothukudi
once the ongoing land acquisition process is over. Rajan Bargotra added "Once
the aviation unit is set up in Thoothukudi it will cater to fixed wing
operation, which will be utilized not only for surveillance but also for
providing assistance to fishermen in times of emergency”.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue