Sources from Thoothukudi reported that to enhance patrolling along the southern coast in the Gulf of Mannar region and ensure better sea line communication, the Indian coast guard station at Thoothukudi is to get two more offshore patrolling vessels in the next two years.
Meanwhile when disclosing this to media persons of the new administrative building for the coast guard station, coast guard commander and Inspector General of the eastern region, Rajan Bargotra said that one more offshore patrolling vessel is to be included to add to the existing fleet strength within this year to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided by the Indian coast guard to fishermen operating from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi districts apart from general surveillance activities.
The coast guard commander added "Yet another fast patrol vessel is
planned to be based at Tuticorin station by 2020". Moreover he also said
that the Indian coast guard is to set up a new aviation unit at Thoothukudi
once the ongoing land acquisition process is over. Rajan Bargotra added "Once
the aviation unit is set up in Thoothukudi it will cater to fixed wing
operation, which will be utilized not only for surveillance but also for
providing assistance to fishermen in times of emergency”.
North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang Sources from Pyongyang reported that South Korean President MMoon Jae arrived in Pyongyang on Tuesday, where he was welcomed North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un in an elaborate ceremony, featuring a cheek to cheek hug. Accordingly the meeting between Moon and Kim came about four months after the two last met on May 26 inside the Demilitarized Zone that divides the two Koreas.
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!