San Francisco sources reported that accused of helping to spur violence in countries like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and India, Facebook has said it will begin removing misinformation that leads to violence and physical harm. Presently as per report Facebook bans content that directly calls for violence but the new policy will cover fake news that has the potential to stir up physical harm.
Facebook said in a statement that "There are certain forms of misinformation that have contributed to physical harm, and we are making a policy change which will enable us to take that type of content down". It added "They will begin implementing the policy during the coming months”.
Moreover Facebook owned WhatsApp is facing the flak in India for allowing
the circulation of large number of irresponsible messages filled with rumors
and provocation that has led to growing instances of lynching of innocent
people. Further according to The Verge, Facebook will review posts that are
inaccurate or misleading, and are created or shared with the intent of causing
violence or physical harm. Facebook added "Partners are asked to verify
that the posts in question are false and could contribute to imminent violence
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar