Hyderabad sources made a statement that a top official said more than 1.13 lakh unlettered prisoners have been made literates under the Telangana Prisons Department's 'Vidhya Dan' program over the past four years. Presently Director General (Prisons and Correctional Services) V K Singh said the department is aiming at 100 per cent literacy for jail inmates and reduction in crime through various reformatory activities like 'Vidhya Dan', 'Unnati' and 'Mahaparivarthan' schemes.
Moreover earlier Singh launched the program in July 2014 soon after assuming charge with the slogan of 'Thumb in Sign out' which aimed at making the inmates at least sign instead of giving their thumb impression as they did before being imprisoned. Accordingly Singh said prisoners educated under the 'Vidhya Dan' program are being used as volunteers to teach illiterate prisoners.
Furthermore the prisons department in coordination
with the State Resource Centre (SRC) conducted Training of Trainers (ToT)
programs. Singh added “SRC members have visited all central prisons, district
prisons and special prison for women of Telangana and provided ToT to educated
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code