According to sources at nearly $940 billion, Apple is certainly well on the way to becoming the world's first trillion dollar company and the feat could be achieved as early as the end of this year with upcoming iPhone launches. Recently the tech giant crossed the $900 billion market capitalization mark in November last year following the launch of its "super premium" iPhone X and, according to CEO Tim Cook, in India, "we set a new first-half record" as Apple reported record results for the first quarter of 2018.
Moreover in India the world's third largest smart phone market the Cupertino based iPhone maker has not crossed sales of 2-3% despite arriving in the country almost a decade back. Furthermore when trying hard to make inroads, the company is currently going through an overhaul under Michel Coulomb, the new head of the India operations who took over from Sanjay Kaul in December last year.
Presently the iPhone maker is also seeking tax
relief and other incentives from the government to begin assembling more
handsets in the country and its proposal to set up a manufacturing unit is reportedly
being evaluated. Accordingly Apple has been successful in India, evident from
the fact that iPhone users are some of the most loyal users among all smart phone
brands, waiting eagerly to get their hands on the new model of iPhone.
Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment Chennai sources added that in order to create awareness about snake bite treatment and management, the Chennai Snake Park, located inside the Guindy National Park, is all set to develop an ‘app’ system, which has elaborate details on snake bites. Meanwhile the sources said that snake bite cases are often reported particularly in rural areas and since most people, bitten by such venomous snakes
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!