According to sources at nearly $940 billion, Apple is certainly well on the way to becoming the world's first trillion dollar company and the feat could be achieved as early as the end of this year with upcoming iPhone launches. Recently the tech giant crossed the $900 billion market capitalization mark in November last year following the launch of its "super premium" iPhone X and, according to CEO Tim Cook, in India, "we set a new first-half record" as Apple reported record results for the first quarter of 2018.
Moreover in India the world's third largest smart phone market the Cupertino based iPhone maker has not crossed sales of 2-3% despite arriving in the country almost a decade back. Furthermore when trying hard to make inroads, the company is currently going through an overhaul under Michel Coulomb, the new head of the India operations who took over from Sanjay Kaul in December last year.
Presently the iPhone maker is also seeking tax
relief and other incentives from the government to begin assembling more
handsets in the country and its proposal to set up a manufacturing unit is reportedly
being evaluated. Accordingly Apple has been successful in India, evident from
the fact that iPhone users are some of the most loyal users among all smart phone
brands, waiting eagerly to get their hands on the new model of iPhone.
Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95 According to sources Dewan Housing Finance Corporation shares fell as much as 6.5% on Thursday, a day after the company said its chief executive Harshil Mehta had resigned. Reportedly Dewan Housing Finance shares opened lower at Rs. 104.00 apiece on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95 in early trade, from their previous close of Rs. 111.20.
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!