San Francisco sources reported that after grabbing headlines for showing results related to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the search of the word "Feku" in May, Google algorithms are again hogging the limelight. Meanwhile this time it shows images of US President Donald Trump for a search of the word "idiot".
Accordingly CNET reported on Thursday stated that the latest image onslaught is apparently the result of a campaign by online activists who are manipulating Google's algorithm by linking the word to an image of Trump. Moreover according to a report in The Guardian this week, the trend began with Reddit users up voting a post containing a photo of Trump and the word. Meanwhile the campaign to link the word "idiot" with the US president's images has taken the form of an online protest as it is spearheaded by people who are not happy with Trump's policies.
Furthermore by helping prioritize information presented in search results,
Google's algorithms have played stellar role in the rise of the company, but at
times they have also played the spoilsport. Earlier in May, a Google search for
the name "Pappu" led to results related to Congress President Rahul
Gandhi. Moreover "Feku" and "Pappu" are less than flattering names
given by the opponents of parties of Modi and Gandhi. Further in April, Google
showed pictures of Modi if one searched for "India's first Prime
Minister" until the glitch was corrected by the global search engine.
Schools, Colleges announced Holiday Holiday has been announced for schools and colleges within Nagapattinam, and Pudukottai districts. The Gaja cyclone formed in the Bay of Bengal has turned the lives of delta area people upside down, and though it has been two days since the cyclone had subsided, people living in delta areas have been facing a tough time, without food, water, and all other basic needs.
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban