According to sources Tamilnadu Deputy Chief Minister O Paneerselvam on Thursday termed as “inappropriate” allegations seeking to link the ruling AIADMK and a highway contractor, who has come under the Income Tax radar for alleged tax evasion. Meanwhile it was wrong to link a political party with the raids, since the Income Tax raids were conducted based on tax evasion. He told reporters “Besides, contractors were carrying out their jobs, whichever party ruled the state at different times”.
As per report he was replying to a question about the raids on premises of SPK and Company, a partnership firm engaged in roads and highways construction on contract from the government and moreover the raids had led to IT sleuths seizing over Rs 165 crore cash and 101 kilos of gold over the last four days.
Furthermore DMK and other opposition parties have been using the I-T raids
to target the AIADMK government alleging that it ‘exposed’ corruption in award
of tenders and a nexus between the highway contractor and the AIADMK
higher-ups. Recently DMK working president M.K. Stalin has been demanding a
comprehensive probe by the vigilance police since the raided contractor is related
to the Chief Minister. Further brushing aside the opposition charges, OPS said,
“Raids are being carried out with regard to tax evasion and linking a political
party with it is inappropriate.”
TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter Meanwhile when taking to social media, Uttam had said, "Unlike KTR, who received everything on a platter due to his father and caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he is a first generation politician who worked hard to reach where he is. Meanwhile to say that KCR had any role isn’t just blatantly false, but also childish. You and your family have positions today because Congress gave Telangana."
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP