According to sources Tamilnadu Deputy Chief Minister O Paneerselvam on Thursday termed as “inappropriate” allegations seeking to link the ruling AIADMK and a highway contractor, who has come under the Income Tax radar for alleged tax evasion. Meanwhile it was wrong to link a political party with the raids, since the Income Tax raids were conducted based on tax evasion. He told reporters “Besides, contractors were carrying out their jobs, whichever party ruled the state at different times”.
As per report he was replying to a question about the raids on premises of SPK and Company, a partnership firm engaged in roads and highways construction on contract from the government and moreover the raids had led to IT sleuths seizing over Rs 165 crore cash and 101 kilos of gold over the last four days.
Furthermore DMK and other opposition parties have been using the I-T raids
to target the AIADMK government alleging that it ‘exposed’ corruption in award
of tenders and a nexus between the highway contractor and the AIADMK
higher-ups. Recently DMK working president M.K. Stalin has been demanding a
comprehensive probe by the vigilance police since the raided contractor is related
to the Chief Minister. Further brushing aside the opposition charges, OPS said,
“Raids are being carried out with regard to tax evasion and linking a political
party with it is inappropriate.”
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth