The CBI has filed an additional charge sheet joining former central minister P Chidambaram in the Aircel Maxis case. In 2006, P Chidambaram had been the finance minister, during his tenure, Malaysia based Maxis groups had invested Rs 3500 crores on Aircel. It was accused that for these investments, the permission was not sought from the central government committee on economic issues, and it was also said that the company owned by P Chidambaram's son Karthi Chidambaram had helped.
CBI Had filed a case, saying that they have evidences against Karthi Chidambaram including the transactions. While CBI and Enforcement directorate have been investigating the case, the case is being enquired at Delhi Patiala court. In the case filed in 2015, former Information technology minister Dhayanidhi Maran's name was included in the list of accused. Now, with an additional charge sheet, they have included the names of P Chidambaram and Karthi Chidambaram as well, adding the fact that Karthi Chidambaram's company was involved in illegal transactions worth 26 lakhs and 87 lakhs.
Another shocking fact mentioned was
that Chidambaram had the authority to sanction only investments of 600 crores,
but they had forged 3200 crore investments as 180 crores, adding that Chidambaram
knew all this malpractice. As of now, 16 former and current government
officials have become a part of the charge sheet.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers