The CBI has filed an additional charge sheet joining former central minister P Chidambaram in the Aircel Maxis case. In 2006, P Chidambaram had been the finance minister, during his tenure, Malaysia based Maxis groups had invested Rs 3500 crores on Aircel. It was accused that for these investments, the permission was not sought from the central government committee on economic issues, and it was also said that the company owned by P Chidambaram's son Karthi Chidambaram had helped.
CBI Had filed a case, saying that they have evidences against Karthi Chidambaram including the transactions. While CBI and Enforcement directorate have been investigating the case, the case is being enquired at Delhi Patiala court. In the case filed in 2015, former Information technology minister Dhayanidhi Maran's name was included in the list of accused. Now, with an additional charge sheet, they have included the names of P Chidambaram and Karthi Chidambaram as well, adding the fact that Karthi Chidambaram's company was involved in illegal transactions worth 26 lakhs and 87 lakhs.
Another shocking fact mentioned was
that Chidambaram had the authority to sanction only investments of 600 crores,
but they had forged 3200 crore investments as 180 crores, adding that Chidambaram
knew all this malpractice. As of now, 16 former and current government
officials have become a part of the charge sheet.
13 year old dies in boxing contest! A horrible incident of a kid who had been made to participate in boxing contests, dying after facing a fatal blow in the game has sent shock waves across the world. In Thailand, kids who have not even crossed their adolescence being forced to contest in boxing championships have become a common phenomenon.
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India