The Indian hockey team has been delivering exemplary performances in the recent years. Following this developments, the team has secured the 5th position in the rankings of teams. Indian Captain Srijesh has revealed that this ranking improvement will serve as an encouragement for the team to perform well in the upcoming Asian games and the world cup hockey tournaments.
With the current announcement of Indian team at the 5th position, Germany which was earlier in 5th rank has been pushed to 6th rank, and the first 4 places are secured by Australia, Argentina, Belgium and Netherlands. As said by Indian captain Srijesh, the development in rankings has given the encouragement besides also additional responsibilities, and this will help the team work hard with motivation to win Asian games and world cup, and added that the team aims to win the world cup at home and make the nation proud.
He added that with the rise in
rankings, the focus on the team will increase, and with improved performances,
the team deserves to come to 3rd rank sooner, and hence will be playing ever
better. In the recent champions trophy in Netherlands, India had qualified for
the finals, and in the finals against Australia, after a 1-1 level, in the
penalty shootout, India lost 1-3, but with the consistent performance
throughout the series, India has improved its international ranking.
Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag Sources from Karachi stated that Pakistani authorities have suspended the registration of a school here after some students danced to an Indian song and waved India's national flag during a cultural event, hurting the country's "national dignity". Meanwhile a show cause notice was issued to the school's owner on Wednesday to appear before the Directorate of Inspection and Registration of Private
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95