According to sources Ruth Kamande, who won a prison beauty pageant while awaiting trial, slashed her partner Farid Mohammed, 24, to death in 2015 and was convicted in May. High Court judge Jessie Lesiit passing sentence stated "She wants young people to know that it is not cool to kill your boyfriend or girlfriend even where you feel disappointed or frustrated don't do it”.
Meanwhile the judge accused Kamande of "manipulative" behavior that included accessing the victim's mobile phone as well as showing no remorse for the vicious attack which left "blood all over" the crime scene. Lesiit said "She thinks passing any other sentence than the one prescribed (death) would turn the accused into a hero”.
Amnesty director Irungu
Houghton said "This sentence is a blow to Kenya's progressive record in
commuting death sentences to terms of imprisonment”. Moreover the victim's
family insisted the sentence matched the crime. Further according to the Death
Penalty Information Center the country's Supreme Court ruled in December 2017
that the mandatory death sentence for murder and armed robbery was
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other