According to sources Ruth Kamande, who won a prison beauty pageant while awaiting trial, slashed her partner Farid Mohammed, 24, to death in 2015 and was convicted in May. High Court judge Jessie Lesiit passing sentence stated "She wants young people to know that it is not cool to kill your boyfriend or girlfriend even where you feel disappointed or frustrated don't do it”.
Meanwhile the judge accused Kamande of "manipulative" behavior that included accessing the victim's mobile phone as well as showing no remorse for the vicious attack which left "blood all over" the crime scene. Lesiit said "She thinks passing any other sentence than the one prescribed (death) would turn the accused into a hero”.
Amnesty director Irungu
Houghton said "This sentence is a blow to Kenya's progressive record in
commuting death sentences to terms of imprisonment”. Moreover the victim's
family insisted the sentence matched the crime. Further according to the Death
Penalty Information Center the country's Supreme Court ruled in December 2017
that the mandatory death sentence for murder and armed robbery was
EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana Hyderabad sources stated that the Congress would not name the Chief Ministerial candidate in poll-bound Telangana, where it would fight the Assembly elections jointly with the TDP, CPI and Telangana Jana Samithi. A key party leader said “The AICC In-charge of Telangana, R C Khuntia maintained that the usual practice in the Congress was not to name the party's Chief Ministerial candidate before any Assembly election”.
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea