New Delhi sources stated that conceding a yearlong demand, sanitary pads today exempted from GST as the GST Council reduced tax rates on an array of daily use appliances and products. Meanwhile Finance Minister Piyush Goyal told reporters that GST tax on sanitary pads was cut from 12% to zero, rakhis were exempted from the tax.
Goyal said "Sanitary napkins exempted from GST". Furthermore it was stated that among items on which GST was reduced include footwear, small televisions, water heater, electric ironing machines, refrigerators, lithium ion batteries, hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, food appliances and ethanol. Goyal said “GST Council cuts tax rate on an array of products. Rakhis have been exempted from GST, tax on ethanol has been cut to 5%, and small handicrafts have been exempted”.
Moreover tax rates on worked up Kota stone, sand stone and similar quality
of local stones were cut from 18 to 12%, with the purpose of avoiding
classification disputes. Accordingly the value limit of footwear was enhanced
from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000 for 5 per cent rate? GST on 17 items used by
middle class viz Paints, Refrigerators, washing machines, vacuum cleaners,
storage water heaters, TVs up to 68 cm was reduced from 28 to 18%. Moreover the
next GST Council meeting will be held on August 4.
Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families? Washington sources reported that a legislation seeking to stop the Trump administration from revoking the work authorization of spouses of H1-B visa holders, which include Indians, has been introduced in the US Congress by two lawmakers. Accordingly they said eliminating this benefit would force many foreign workers to use their talent to compete against American businesses.
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?