New Delhi sources stated that conceding a yearlong demand, sanitary pads today exempted from GST as the GST Council reduced tax rates on an array of daily use appliances and products. Meanwhile Finance Minister Piyush Goyal told reporters that GST tax on sanitary pads was cut from 12% to zero, rakhis were exempted from the tax.
Goyal said "Sanitary napkins exempted from GST". Furthermore it was stated that among items on which GST was reduced include footwear, small televisions, water heater, electric ironing machines, refrigerators, lithium ion batteries, hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, food appliances and ethanol. Goyal said “GST Council cuts tax rate on an array of products. Rakhis have been exempted from GST, tax on ethanol has been cut to 5%, and small handicrafts have been exempted”.
Moreover tax rates on worked up Kota stone, sand stone and similar quality
of local stones were cut from 18 to 12%, with the purpose of avoiding
classification disputes. Accordingly the value limit of footwear was enhanced
from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000 for 5 per cent rate? GST on 17 items used by
middle class viz Paints, Refrigerators, washing machines, vacuum cleaners,
storage water heaters, TVs up to 68 cm was reduced from 28 to 18%. Moreover the
next GST Council meeting will be held on August 4.
Is Bollywood Actress Urmila Matondkar making her Political entry? Mumbai sources reported that currently political circles are abuzz with speculation over famed Bollywood actress Urmila Matondkar's possible entry into politics as a Congress candidate in Mumbai. Accordingly the 'Masoom' (1983) child actress is widely considered in the reckoning for a Congress nomination from Mumbai North Lok Sabha constituency.
- YS Vivekananda Reddy's family questions about Investigation of his death
- History Maker: Lakshman Das Mittal - Founder of Tractor Master
- Lokesh Falters Again, This Time Mistake in Affidavit
- Jagan Complains to The Election Commission on KA Paul
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Rejected
- Shocking News: IT Raids against Mahesh Babu
- Actress Jayaprada joins BJP
- Marvelous Typewriter Artist types Portrait of IAF Pilot Abhinandan
- What are the chances of YSRCP winning 2019 elections? 8 Factors which you should Look at
- YSR Congress Candidate's Nomination May Be Rejected?
- Tamanna is the First Trangender from AP to contest elections
- Pavan immaturity or innocence helps CBN!
- Will Actor Mohan Babu join YSRCP Party?
- CBN just a producer says Jagan!
- Student's answers with KGF, Baahubali references!